Enter the 15th Anniversary Tussock Traverse here
|1 Aug 2018 – 7 Dec 2018||8 Dec 2018 – 23 Jan 2019|
15th Anniversary Event Bonus!!
* All 13km and 26km entrants receive an event performance cap and 15th anniversary finishers medal
** All 6.5km entrants receive a 15th anniversary finishers medal
Enter online now, don’t delay! The 2018 event was a sellout in the 26km distance and had record numbers in the supporting distances too. Each event distance is strictly limited to 500 entrants and will close when the limit is reached. We encourage you to read the 15th Anniversary Tussock Traverse Refund and Transfer Policy prior to entering the 2019 event.
26KM BUS TRANSPORT SUMMARY
Your bus ticket ($35.00) needs to be purchased in addition to your event entry in order to get to the 26km start line. Travel by bus from the top of Bruce Road is compulsory for all 26km entrants. There will be no passenger pick up’s made in Rangipo for the 2019 event. All bus transport to the start of the 26km event departs from the one location near the top of Bruce Road.
Your $35.00 bus ticket provides the following:
– Transport pre event from top of Bruce Road to the 26km start line (full location details shown on the Event Info page)
– Gear service. Any personal gear (that you don’t want to compete with) will be collected from you at the start line and made accessible to you on the Chateau Tongariro lawn from 11.00am on event day.
– Transport post event from Chateau Tongariro to top of Bruce Road.
Minimum Age Entry Requirements
All potential entrants considering participation in any of the 3 distance options must be confident of being physically fit enough to be able to complete the distance (26km, 13km or 6.5km) within an off road terrain setting inside the event course cut-off times. In addition to this the following age restrictions will be in place.
• In order to enter and run/walk the 26km Tussock Traverse you must be 16 years or older on event day.
13KM AND 6.5KM EVENTS
• In order to enter and run/walk the 13km event solo (without an entrant 16+ being required by the event to stay with you) you must be 13 years or older on event day.
• In order to enter and run/walk the 6.5km event solo (without an entrant 16+ being required by the event to stay with you) you must be 11 years or older on event day.
• If you are under 13 years and wish to enter the 13km, or are under 11 years and wish to enter the 6.5km event, entry is allowed providing the following:
o The younger entrant is physically fit enough to be able to complete the distance within an off road terrain setting inside the event course cut-off times under his/her own steam (push chairs/buggies are not suitable or allowed on the event course). We also want to see younger entrants really enjoying the outdoors at this event – not being dragged around for the adult’s enjoyment.
o An entrant 16 years + remains with this younger entrant throughout the event and is responsible for them. While there are marshals and medical staff on the event course this event is set in an ever changing outdoor environment where good decisions will need to be made by all entrants on the event course.
All enquiries regarding younger entrants can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.