ENTRY UPDATE: The 26km event distance is now SOLD OUT and no further entries will be taken for the 26km event.
The 13.5km and 6.5km events still have entries available at pre race registration.
Online entries have closed. Online Entries & The Tussock Traverse Store (for purchasing 26km bus tickets and dinner tickets) will close 11.59pm on Wednesday 24th January.
Additional entries for the 13km and 6.5km events will be available (until sold out) on a first come first served basis from 4.00pm Friday 26th January at our pre race registration venue.
26KM IMPORTANT BUS PICK UP LOCATION CHANGE.
Your bus ticket needs to be purchased with your online entry to get to the 26km start line in Tukino! Due to the condition of the road and the extremely limited parking options at the start line, travel by bus is compulsory for all 26km entrants.
IMPORTANT BUS PICK UP LOCATION CHANGE.
If you selected “Tussock Tavern on Bruce Road” as your bus pick up location, this pick up location has now changed to “near the top of Bruce Road”
– Carpark 10 (near the top of Bruce Road and the Whakapapa Skifield) has been allocated to the 26km entrants by the Department of Conservation due to the massive increase in the 26km field size and the field sizes of the smaller events starting and finishing around the Whakapapa Village. This large carpark will make the bus transportation process very easy for all in 2018.
– Carpark 10 is about a 7 minute drive up the Bruce Road from the Chateau Tongariro so please factor this into your morning’s plans. The carpark will be clearly marked. Traffic management and key event staff will be onsite assisting with your arrival and efficient loading onto the buses.
– Please arrive on time. Your required arrival times to the top of the Bruce Road (6.30am – 6.45am) and boarding times (6.45am – 7.00am) for this pick up have not changed. Post event, a free shuttle will make regular trips from the Chateau Tongariro finish area, 7 minutes up the Bruce road to Carpark 10 for you to collect your vehicle.
Please view the map below which shows the location of the new Bruce Road pick up point.
If you selected “Rangipo” as your pick up location, this pick up location remains unchanged and your expected pick up time is approx 7.20am. Those boarding from Rangipo must be waiting on the corner of SH1 and SH46 (gravel skid) by 7.20am.
Forgot to book your 26km bus transport?
– $25.00. Near the top of the Bruce Road to Tukino.
– $20.00 Rangipo to Tukino.
– Add your bus transport to your online entry here.
– A gear van will be available to bring gear bags back from the start of the 26km event to the finish area.
Friday and Saturday Night Meals
FRIDAY EVENING. $36.00. Tussock Traverse Fri Night Pasta Dinner 2018 at Chateau Tongariro. Children 12 and under are charged $15.00. A 5.30pm or a 7.30pm sitting is available and space is strictly limited to 50 at each sitting.
Bookings available now at our online store here
SATURDAY EVENING. $36.00. Tussock Traverse Sat Night Dinner 2018 at the Tussock Tavern (across the road from the Chateau Tongariro). Children 12 and under are charged $15.00. A first dinner sitting will be served at 5.45pm (at the conclusion of the prizegiving). A second dinner sitting will be served at 7.15pm. Those who have purchased tickets online can choose their preferred dinner sitting times at pre race registration and sitting times will be handed to entrants on a first come, first served basis.
All entrants please note: The Tussock Tavern is reserved as a private function venue for those who have purchased dinner tickets. Due to the limited capacity of the venue if you have a 7.15pm dinner sitting ticket you will not be able to enter the Tussock Tavern venue until after 7.00pm and entry will be dependent on space being available at the time. We appreciate your assistance in ensuring everyone who has ordered a 5.45pm dinner ticket has the time and space to enjoy their meal. If you do not have a dinner ticket, there are other dinner venues inside Whakapapa Village to explore.
Bookings available now at our online store here until sold out.
Please note: Buffet meal does not include complimentary beverage.
2018 Entry Prices and Dates
Standard Entry – Run / Walk
|Up to 15 Dec, 2017||16 Dec 2017 – 11.59pm, 24 Jan 2018|
Locals Entry Prices – Run / Walk
|Up to 15 Dec, 2017||16 Dec 2017 – 11.59pm, 24 Jan 2018|
To qualify to locals pricing you must:
A) Be a resident of Taupo or Ruapehu Districts
B) Enter your usual home address into the online registration system when prompted
C) You will also need to produce a rates bill/power bill with matching address at pre race registration
Minimum Age Entry Requirements
All potential entrants considering participation in any of the 3 distance options must be confident of being physically fit enough to be able to complete the distance (26km, 13km or 6.5km) within an off road terrain setting inside the event course cut-off times. In addition to this the following age restrictions are in place.
• In order to enter and run/walk the 26km Tussock Traverse you must be 16 years or older on event day.
13KM AND 6.5KM EVENTS
• In order to enter and run/walk the 13km event solo (without an entrant 16+ being required by the event to stay with you) you must be 13 years or older on event day.
• In order to enter and run/walk the 6.5km event solo (without an entrant 16+ being required by the event to stay with you) you must be 11 years or older on event day.
• If you are under 13 years and wish to enter the 13km, or are under 11 years and wish to enter the 6.5km event, entry is allowed providing the following:
o The younger entrant is physically fit enough to be able to complete the distance within an off road terrain setting inside the event course cut-off times under his/her own steam (push chairs/buggies are not suitable or allowed on the event course). We also want to see younger entrants really enjoying the outdoors at this event – not being dragged around for the adult’s enjoyment.
o An entrant 16 years + remains with this younger entrant throughout the event and is responsible for them. While there are marshals and medical staff on the event course this event is set in an ever changing outdoor environment where good decisions will need to be made by all entrants on the event course.
All enquiries regarding younger entrants can be directed to email@example.com.
Refund & Transfer Policy
Until Saturday 18 November 2017. Cancel your event entry and receive 60% of your event entry fee back. Transfer of your event entry to another person is possible with payment of a $15 administration fee. A $5.00 administration fee will be charged for each bus or post event dinner ticket cancelled.
Until Saturday 23 December 2017. Cancel your event entry and receive 30% of your event entry fee back. Transfer of your event entry to another person is possible with payment of a $15 administration fee. A $5.00 administration fee will be charged for each bus or post event dinner ticket cancelled.
From Sunday 24 December 2017 until Saturday 20 January 2018. Cancel your event entry and receive no event refund. Transfer of your event entry to another person is possible with payment of a $15 administration fee. A $5.00 administration fee will be charged for each bus or post event dinner ticket cancelled.
From Sunday 21 January until Friday 26 January 2018. Cancel your event entry and receive no event refund. Transfer of your event entry to another person is permitted for a $15 administration fee. No refunds for bus or post event dinner tickets cancelled.
For all cancellations / transfers please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org