The Ruapehu Trail Festival team always hope for the best, but we plan for EVERYTHING:
1. The MAIN Physical Event (all event distances run their main courses)
2. A MODIFIED Physical Event
Timeline – Modifications to any of the main course can be announced at anytime. Scenarios like severe weather warnings, road closures etc may modify/delay/shorten/re-route, or stop some aspects of the planned event for some entrants. Modifications to any of the main courses may involve one of our contingency courses, and/or other health and safety measures. The Ruapehu Trail Festival team will look after all the detail and clearly communicate with you – just come and enjoy yourself! In these scenarios, there will still be physical events in the stunning Tongariro National Park.
3. A VIRTUAL Format
Timeline – A Virtual Format can only be announced once we are less than 72 hours away from the event registration opening. This is not how The Ruapehu Trail Festival Team would ever want to roll, but once we are inside the final 72 hours from registration opening (or between registration and the start times for the distance options) a Virtual Format might be a possibility should no physical event be possible for one of the distance options. Should the event organisers need to switch to a Virtual Format less than 72 hours out from event registration opening:
– Your entry will not be transferred to the 2024 event.
– Your bus tickets will be refunded in full.
– You will receive a partial event credit to use for the 2024 event.
– You will recieve priority entry into the 2024 event.
– You will receive your event medal (or ring), event gift and spot prize (if a winner) by mail after the event.
A Virtual Format would look like this:
– Start your adventure as early as needed in order to finish your Virtual distance by 7.30pm (depending on your distance, some early starts will be required)
– Give us a ‘run down’ of your distance by 8.00pm (if a Virtual distance is called for, we will communicate everything you need immediately after the announcement )
– View the live prizegiving held at 8.30pm.
– The same pool of prizes will be awarded to entrants but in a different way (i.e. more prizes for the most stunning run options, the most creative run options, the longest run, the best on-course selfie photos as selected by Photos4Sale, highest elevation stats run, the run that most closely matches the respective distance profile, prizes for dress-ups etc.
4. A Fully CANCELLED Event
Timeline – A fully cancelled event would only be announced if we are more than 72 hours away from the event registration opening.Again, while this is not how The Ruapehu Trail Festival would ever want to roll, again, it must be planned for as an outside possibility. Should the event organisers need to cancel your entry more than 72 hours out from event registration opening.
– Your dinner tickets will be refunded in full.
– You will receive a partial event credit to use for the 2024 event, or a full transfer to the 2024 event (depending on the timing and nature of cancellation)
– You will receive priority entry into the 2024 event.
Please send all entry questions to email@example.com.